In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a report that shows how many tickets had their SLA target metric fulfilled within a specific timeframe. This report is specific to the first reply time SLA target, but you can modify it to suit any SLA metric.
What you'll need
Skill level: Moderate
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving users access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the report
To create the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - SLAs, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Now, create a Standard calculated attribute to calculate the different intervals of your targets. You can modify the values to suit the intervals you want to report on. From the Calculations () menu, click Standard calculated attribute.
- On the Standard calculated attribute page, enter the name SLA Metric Value Interval for the attribute.
- Copy the formula below and paste it into the Formula editor.
IF (VALUE(SLA metric completion time (min))<120) THEN "0-2 hours" ELSESee the screenshot below for an example of how the completed attribute will look.
IF (VALUE(SLA metric completion time (min))<240) THEN "2-4 hours" ELSE
IF (VALUE(SLA metric completion time (min))<480) THEN "4-8 hours" ELSE "Over 8 hours"
ENDIF ENDIF ENDIF
Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose SLA Tickets > SLA Tickets, then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Calculated attributes and then click the custom attribute you created earlier. In the example above it is called SLA Metric Value Interval. Then click Apply.
- Now, add a filter to show the metric value for first reply time only. In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Ticket SLA > SLA metric, then click Add.
- Click the filter you just added and change the filter to First Reply Time.
If you want to report on other SLA metrics instead, choose a different value here.
- From the visualization type menu ( ), click Column.
- From the chart configuration menu (), click Displayed values, then change Show value to Show.
The report is complete. Here's an example of how the completed report might look.
If you want to show the report in percentage format, click Visualization Type ( ) and choose Pie.
See the video below for visual guidance on reporting SLA performance.