You can review the transactions and message information associated with your Text account by viewing the Text history.
To review Text history
- In Admin Center, click the Channels icon () in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Talk.
- Click the History tab.
The Text history page is displayed, and includes the following tables:
The Transactions table
In the Transactions table, you can review a detailed list of charges including the type, date, amount, and overall totals.
The Message details table
In the Message details table, view information about each of the texts sent to and from your account, including linked tickets and agents.
This table includes the following columns:
- Message ID, the unique identification number given to the text.
- Ticket ID, the ticket number associated with the text. You can click the number in this column to view the ticket.
- Date, the time and day the text was sent/received.
- Direction, whether the text was from a customer, or to a customer.
- From, the phone number that sent the text.
- To, the phone number that received the text
- Status, the current status of the text. See About Zendesk Text statuses for more information.
- Agent ID, the unique identification number for the agent assigned the text. You can click the number in this column to view the agent's profile.
About Zendesk Text statuses
There are several stages a SMS message goes through before it is delivered to the customer. You can find the current status of a SMS message in the Message details table, described above. This article goes through each status and what they mean.
- Accepted: When a request is first sent to Twilio through an API request to create a new text message, this is the first response received by the client. Twilio will now try to associate the correct ‘From’ phone number for the message.
- Queued: Once Twilio finds the correct ‘From’ phone number, the message is now queued to be sent out.
- Sending: Twilio will now start the process of sending out your message to the nearest upstream carrier in the SMS network.
- Sent: The message was successfully sent to the nearest upstream carrier and has been accepted for delivery.
- Delivered: Twilio has received confirmation from the upstream carrier that the message was delivered to the recipient.
- Failed: The upstream carrier did not accept the message from Twilio.
- Received: Each incoming message to your Zendesk Text number will have a received status associated with it.
- Undelivered: The message was not delivered and can be caused by a variety of reasons listed here.
Hi @... - just wondering if there has been any changes in regards to reporting on SMS messaging in explore?
I don't have any additional information to share and it looks like we haven't added any SMS metrics to the Talk Dataset according to our Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Talk article.
I would recommend creating a feedback post in our Feedback on Talk topic and share your use case with our Product Managers there. We've also created a feedback template that you can copy when creating your feedback post.
I hope this helps!
The message details table is unusable for me - it takes forever to load and will glitch out when I try to change pages - I'll go to page 3, it takes 60 seconds to load, and then I click page 5 and it just keeps staying on 3. One time I spent an hour and was only able to get up to page 7.
Because ticket even history won't show the numbers, nor does the api, this is the only way. We had an issue where I needed to determine a customer's number at the time of texting because an agent mistakenly edited the number, but I can't.
Please add filters to this feature including date/time so we can quickly parse it.
Thanks for taking the time to share this with us! I'd recommend cross-posting your suggestions in our Feedback - Voice (Talk) topic as that is actively being monitored by our Talk product managers. If you're unsure what to include in your feedback post, you can use the following template.
Please sign in to leave a comment.