My Facebook messages aren't coming in as tickets. I have issues with the Facebook integration. How do I troubleshoot issues with my Facebook channel?
The Facebook integration for Zendesk lets you create tickets from public and private messages left by your customers on your Facebook page.
This article covers:
- Issues with the Facebook integration
- Issues with Facebook messages or tickets
- Issues with Facebook permissions
Issues with the Facebook integration
If you're installing the integration for the first time, you may not have the proper role permissions to perform this task, either within Zendesk or Facebook.
- Only an admin of Zendesk can set up the Facebook integration within Zendesk.
- Only an admin or editor on Facebook can link your Facebook page to Zendesk.
If the issue isn't on your permissions, try one of the articles below.
- I can't add my Facebook account to Zendesk
- My Facebook integration stopped working
- Error: Channel couldn't be added
- Does Zendesk support Facebook Business Manager?
- Error: No new Facebook Pages available for identity
- How do I remove my Facebook channel?
- You have exceeded the max number of Facebook Pages allowed with your plan
- Why was my Facebook page deauthorized?
- Do I need to add social messaging to my account before I can use Facebook Messenger?
Issues with Facebook messages or tickets
For troubleshooting issues with Facebook tickets, there are a variety of causes and solutions. See the appropriate link for the issue you are experiencing below.
- Unable to reply on Facebook or Instagram messages
- Facebook private message didn't create a Zendesk ticket
- Facebook posts or messages are not converted to tickets because the poster disabled access by 3rd-party apps
- Can I include Facebook ads for ticket creation?
- Why tickets from Facebook don't show immediately in Support?
- Why aren't new comments from Facebook posts or ads being added to tickets?
Issues with Facebook permissions
Zendesk requires access to the following features in your Facebook permissions if you wish to connect the two platforms:
- Manage ads for ad accounts that you have access to
- Manda and access Page conversations in Messenger
- Create and manage content on your Page
- Manage comments on your Page
- Read content posted on the Page
- Create and manage ads for your Page
- Manage accounts, settings, and webhooks for a Page
- Read user content on your Page
- Show a list of the Pages you manage
For more information, see these articles:
My channel became unauthorized, and when I reauthorized it in the new admin portal, it just took me to an error page.
After removing and re-adding the account I'm still getting errors.
I'm now filing a ticket about this but it seems like whatever used to work in the old admin portal no longer works in the new one.
I noticed that the ticket you have submitted in now Closed. You can also try to remove the whole integration, reset your Facebook password and try again. If you are still experiencing the issue, please contact support directly and we'll look into it for you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.