How can I track when an update in Salesforce attempts to sync an Account, Contact, or Lead record to Zendesk?
Zendesk's sync process relies on the Salesforce Streaming API, specifically a subscription to a Push Topic. Find the steps below to see the synch process in action using a tool called Workbench and to make the necessary API requests:
- Make sure the sync is enabled within Admin Center and that the records being updated meet the sync filtering criteria.
- Open Workbench and log into the appropriate environment, Production or Sandbox, using 45.0 Salesforce API Version.
- Select Queries > Streaming Push Topics.
- Select the appropriate Push Topic for the type of sync you want to test:
- Click on the Subscribe button to start listening for events related to that object.
- Changing one of the fields mapped in Admin Center creates a new message event within the Push Topic stream.
If the change made to the SFDC record does not create an event within the Push Topic stream, then no Zendesk sync can take place.
One example of a field that does not create an event is the formula field type. To trigger a sync when a formula field is changed, consider a workflow process as described in this article: How to initiate a sync from Salesforce based on a formula field update.
Please sign in to leave a comment.