On outbound calls, is it possible for my Talk number from the United States to display a business name instead of a phone number?
It is possible to display your business name instead of your Talk phone number on outbound calls as long as the name has a maximum of 15 characters (including spaces) and no special characters. This functionality is only available to phone numbers based in the USA (+1 country code). It might work for some carriers in Canada, but this is not guaranteed.
CNAM is a feature from the public telephone network in the USA that identifies an incoming caller by a business name associated with the originating phone number.
Zendesk Talk supports CNAM for customers' outbound calls. To enable this, contact Zendesk Customer Support.
Before contacting the team, ensure you have the information below ready. Failure to have this information at your disposal will result in delays in getting your query resolved.
What we need from you
- Your legal business name: the one associated with your DUNS number.
- CNAM to be displayed for the number.
- Your physical address: the one associated with your DUNS number.
- Your business type: Corporation, Partnership, Sole Proprietor, Non-Profit, Co-operative, Limited liability company.
- Your DUNS number: Dun and Bradstreet.
- Your business industry: technology, retail, ...
- The regions where your business operates: EMEA, LATAM, AMER, APAC.
- Your company website (URL).
- Two authorized representatives. They must be the Director, VP, Corporate Counsel, GM, CFO, or CEO. Include the following information for each contact:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Contact phone number
- Business title and job position
The timeline for implementing CNAM can be anywhere from one to two weeks. After registration, it may take an additional one to two weeks to populate with other carriers' databases.
Additionally, we recommend you register for both CNAM and Stir/Shaken in one go, you can find out more about that here. The same information needed for Stir/Shaken, is used for CNAM.
is this also available for non-US numbers?
A previous comment stated that this functionality was available to numbers outside the United States. This is not correct, and I have made an amendment to this article to ensure that its very clear that for now CNAM functionality is only available for United States phone numbers.
Hope this helps, sorry for any confusion caused!
Please include the feature also for EU Area phone numbers!
Our case: We have numbers from the UK, ES, and IT and we would like to implement the Business Name when calling our customers so that to prevent non-answered calls.
Unrecognize numbers are not trusted by the people we call and the CNAM function would be great!
Please sign in to leave a comment.