Articles in the series
- Introduction: Getting started with Zendesk Suite
- Part 1: Accessing Zendesk Suite admin settings
- Part 2: Adding team members
- Part 3: Understanding how end user accounts are handled
- Part 4: Managing user access security and authentication
- Part 5: Adding support channels
- Part 6: Routing incoming support requests
- Part 7: Managing support requests during non-business hours
- Part 8: Guaranteeing customer support expectations with service level agreements
- Part 9: Reporting on support activity
- Part 10: Enabling customer satisfaction ratings
- Part 11: Using the Zendesk developer platform to extend your support solution
- Part 12: Rolling out your Zendesk Suite support solution
As an admin user for your Zendesk Suite account, you have access to all or just some of the products in the suite. Your access depends on how your Zendesk user profile has been configured. This article assumes that you're an admin user with complete access to everything in your Zendesk Suite (user access and roles are explained in Part 4: Managing user access security and authentication .
To get started using Zendesk Suite, you sign in to Zendesk, and you’ll see getting started tasks for admins.
For admin settings that affect more than one product in Zendesk Suite, you use the Admin Center. You access this through the product tray (), which is included in all Zendesk Suite products and is located in the top navigation bar.
You use the product tray to switch between the Zendesk Suite products. At the bottom of the tray, you can find the link to the Admin Center.
Accessing Admin Center
In Admin Center, in addition to Support ticketing system settings, you’ll find the settings that are relevant across your account: your billing information, access security, integrations, channels, and so on. We’ll discuss several aspects of working with the Admin Center later in this article. You access Admin Center through the product tray (), as shown above. You can find more detailed information about all of these settings in Using Zendesk Admin Center.
Accessing product-specific dashboards
While many of the individual product and Suite settings and configuration options that admins have access to are located in Admin Center; you can find the admin settings for some products, such as Chat and Explore, in their dashboards. You can access these by clicking the Product Tray, as described above, then clicking the product you want to configure.
In Guide, you access the admin settings and tools from the top navigation bar (via the Guide admin link). This is because the default view of Guide is the help center, which is what your end users also see. The top navigation bar is only displayed to admins and agents.
Continue to Part 2: Adding team members.
Please sign in to leave a comment.