Click Follow in the What's New section to be notified each month when the What's New is published.
Check out what's new in the last month:
Also don't miss:
- A new pre-trained intent model tailored to the insurance industry can be used with intelligent triage and advanced bots. This new model offers automated and consistent classification of incoming tickets and conversations, which can be leveraged in business rules, workflows, routing, and more. This feature is part of the Advanced AI add-on. See Automatically triaging tickets based on intent, language, and sentiment.
- Agents now have the ability to redact side conversation child tickets from the side conversation drop down in the parent ticket and from the side conversation drop down in the child ticket. Previously, the Redact option only appeared in the parent ticket. See Redacting ticket content in side conversations.
The Views panel has been updated to automatically display 30 shared views and 10 personal views in collapsable sections. Previously, the Views panel displayed up to 12 shared views and 8 personal views. See Accessing your views of tickets.
(Enterprise only) Admins can also control agent access to views with two new permissions - Limit number of views and Access view filtering.
See Creating custom agent roles.
- The new record preview panel allows you to view details about records related to the ticket you're working on. Record preview is part of the context panel and allows you to view relevant information about the ticket without navigating away. See Interacting with related object records in tickets.
New usage report for accounts that include agent months. If your account is eligible, Zendesk provides an in-product report to help you view and manage seat usage for agent months. With this report, you don’t have to contact Zendesk to get seat usage information. See Managing agent months.
- Admins can now view personal macros created by and available only to individual agents. This visibility allows admins to see a complete picture of all the macros in their account in Admin Center. See Organizing and managing your macros.
Objects and rules
- A new and improved custom objects experience is now available. Admins can define custom objects, build out their schema with custom fields, specify object-level permissions for agents, and add lookup relationship fields to tickets to surface your custom data in tickets. Agents can add and manage custom object records and preview related records within tickets. Then, you can use your custom objects and records in triggers and analytics. See Understanding custom objects.
- Enhanced trigger conditions and actions drop-down menus enable you to create triggers around Object (ticket) fields, standard and custom ticket lookup relationship fields, and other ticket details. Rather than just selecting ticket fields, you can now go one layer deeper with conditions and actions to reference fields in related objects. See Trigger conditions and actions reference.
- Deploying triggers from premium sandboxes to production is now available. Now you can test new triggers or updates to existing triggers safely in your premium sandbox environment and then deploy the trigger configuration directly to production with just a few clicks. Dependency mapping is detected automatically, and it's easy for you to resolve any missing or duplicate dependencies that are identified. See Deploying business rules to production from a premium sandbox.
- Webhooks can subscribe to agent availability events to automatically run when an agent's channel status or unified agent status changes, a work item is assigned or unassigned to an agent, an agent gains or loses access to a channel, or an agent's maximum number of work items for a channel changes. Agent availability events also include events that detect the activation and deactivation of omnichannel routing. See Creating webhooks to interact with third-party systems.
Intent suggestions for advanced bots highlight the common topics customers are asking about, based on past bot conversation data. Admins can use this information to build answers for those intents, improving ticket deflection and the bot’s overall performance. This feature is part of the Advanced AI add-on. See Using AI-powered intents with conversation bots.
- Talk Partner Edition (TPE) APIs has added two features to help with Computer Telephony Integrations (CTI): Standard Call Object and a new Voice Comment. Standard Call Object is a way to store third-party, industry-standard call data in Zendesk. Voice comment is ideal for voicemails to display information, such as end-user number, name of the agent that took the call, call duration, and more. See Understanding Talk Partner Edition and Announcing: New Talk Partner Edition capabilities.