This recipe will show you how to create a report measuring the number of incidents by problem tickets.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Problem and incident ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Incidents, then click Apply.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Ticket > Ticket problem ID, then click Apply.
- Now, add a filter to exclude incidents that are not connected to problem tickets. In the Rows panel, click the Ticket problem ID attribute and click the Excluded tab. Select Null to exclude any null values, then click Apply.
The report is complete. See the screenshot below for an example of how it will look.
Another vote for this functionality. Any update or ETA?
I have followed this recipe and figured out how to display the incident subject line, but how can i display the problem ticket subject line?
Below displays the problem ticket ID, then the individual incident ticket subject lines, but i would like the problem ticket subject on column 2
Another +1 for this functionaity. Need Problem Ticket Subject and priority.
Hi @... and @... –
If you don't mind, for visibility can you both upvote and add information on your respective use cases to this Explore product feedback thread? Problem and Incident tickets - need a way to view the subject and detail of all incident tickets against a problem ticket, or vice versa
when will the attribute of "Linked problem" be added into Explore? What is the point of the attribute if you can't report on it you are forcing us to create a custom attribute for something that already exists.
Hi Tina, answering your question here as well: I don't have an update for you on this, but I see you've added a comment (and hopefully upvoted) this product feedback thread, which is the best place to watch for updates: Problem and Incident tickets - need a way to view the subject and detail of all incident tickets against a problem ticket, or vice versa
Is there a way to report on Problem tickets that are still open, it seems that when I report on ticket status it is based on the Incidents and not the Problem.
Hi TINA YATES
This would be because this recipe uses the metric called "Incidents". Instead, just use the metric "Problems".
I want a dashboard with the Problem Ticket ID + the number of incidents.
I followed your tips, but the number of incidents is not correct:
For instance, the 1st line indicates 217 incidents, while there are in facts 980:
How can I get accurate data?
Please sign in to leave a comment.