Settings > Manage > Users provides views to manage your users in Sell. On the two mid-level Sell plans, if you have advanced permissions activated, you can manage users from the User Hierarchy and roles from the Roles tab.
Managing users from the User List
On the User List tab, you have a list view of your users. Use the search bar to find the user you want to update and click on their name to edit their profile or permission settings.
- Name: the name of the user
- Access level: whether the user has full or limited permissions in Sell (see Understanding access levels and privileges). On the two highest Sell plans, if you have set up roles in your organization, you'll see a Role column instead, that specifies the role that is allocated to a user.
- Manager: the manager of the user (available on the two highest Sell plans)
- Group: the group that a user belongs to (available on the two highest Sell plans)
Managing users from the User Hierarchy
- Click the Pencil () next to the name of the user to edit their permission settings.
Each user can move their own position on the hierarchy, and the position of their reportees.
Only administrators can edit and move any user in the hierarchy. Additionally, the topmost manager can create a user at the top of the hierarchy. Only a user without reportees can become a topmost manager.
When a user is moved to a new place in the hierarchy, their permission settings for leads, contacts, and deals does not change, however their access might change. For example, if they move from Team A to Team B, they might no longer be able to see deals in Team A.
- Click New role to add a role, or click the role name to edit an existing role.
- Hover over Assigned users to see the users that are assigned to a role.
The User List tab also has a Role column that displays the role, if a role has been assigned to a user.