All versions of Zendesk Explore include prebuilt dashboards that display your Zendesk business information in an easy to read format.
All Explore users can view prebuilt dashboards, regardless of their role. The dashboards are read-only, but Explore Professional and Enterprise users can create editable copies of them. For details, see Editing prebuilt dashboards. The prebuilt dashboards, and the queries they contain can be useful as templates for creating new queries and dashboards.
The information in Explore dashboards is updated on a schedule. The schedule depends on which Explore plan you are using. For details, see Data refresh intervals for Explore plans.
Dashboards included with Explore
To access the prebuilt dashboards, click the Explore icon () in the product tray, then select the dashboard.
These are the dashboards that are currently included with Explore:
The Zendesk Support dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Tickets: Contains reports about tickets created in your Zendesk account. This includes information about solved, created, and reopened tickets.
- Efficiency: Analyzes how efficiently agents are solving tickets by measuring key ticket and time-based metrics.
- Assignee Activity: Helps you to see the results when you assign tickets to agents and others. This includes information about solved tickets, time to resolution, and tickets that were resolved with a certain number of agent replies.
- Agent Updates: Shows comments and updates made to tickets by your agents. This includes public comments, internal comments, and the number of tickets that were created and solved.
- Unsolved Tickets: Helps you take a detailed look at tickets in your account that are still open. You can list your open tickets, and find tickets that are not assigned, have no replies, or that have had no activity for a while.
- Backlog: Displays a snapshot of your unsolved tickets providing an easy way for you to view your historic data and analyze past trends.
- Satisfaction: Helps you take a closer look at customer satisfaction scores for your tickets.
- SLAs: Displays how well you are meeting your SLA policies. You must have active SLA policies to use this dashboard.
For more information about the Zendesk Support prebuilt dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Support dashboard.
The Zendesk Talk dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Calls: Displays information about Talk calls that your agents made and received. You can filter reports by date, Talk number, IVR group, and the end-user's organization.
- Efficiency: Displays information about your agents efficiency with Talk calls. You can filter reports by date, Talk number, IVR group, and the end-user's organization.
- Agent Activity: Displays information about your agents activities, for example how many calls they received. You can filter reports by date, call agent, call direction, Talk number, and IVR group.
For more information about the Zendesk Talk prebuilt dashboard, see Analyzing your Talk activity.
The Zendesk Guide dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Knowledge Base: Report about your help center activity including page views, article votes, and more.
- Search: Displays information about the searches that users performed and the terms they searched for in your knowledge base.
- Knowledge Capture: Displays information about Knowledge and Knowledge Capture activities, including articles that were linked to from a ticket, articles that were created using the app, and agent engagement with the app.
- Team Publishing: Reports to help you understand your team activity in Guide including when articles are created, published, edited, and more.
For more information about the Zendesk Guide prebuilt dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Guide dashboard.
The Zendesk Chat dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Chats: Displays information about the Chat sessions made and received in your organization. You can filter each report by date, department, type, completion, and by who started the chat.
- Efficiency: Displays information that helps you gauge the efficiency of your agents while using Chat. You can filter each report by date, department, type, completion, and by who started the chat.
- Satisfaction: Displays information about customer satisfaction scores following a chat session. You can filter each report by date, department, type, completion, and by who started the chat.
- Agent Activity: Displays information about how often and how well your agents are engaging with customers by using Chat. You can filter each report by date, department, agent, who started the chat, and assignment.
For more information about the Zendesk Chat prebuilt dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Chat dashboard.
Zendesk Sell (Beta)
If you're using a legacy version of Sell, you won't see the option to opt-in for Explore in your Sell settings. You'll first need to click this link to connect your account to Zendesk. For more information, see Connecting your legacy Sell account to the Zendesk platform.
The Zendesk Sell dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Deals: Displays information about your deals like revenue, won and lost deals, and forecasts. You can filter the results by time, deal owner, team, and group.
- Leads: Displays information about your leads like added leads, active leads, and unqualified leads. You can filter the results by time, lead owner, team, and group.
For more information about the Zendesk Sell prebuilt dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Sell dashboard (Beta).
Zendesk Answer Bot
The Zendesk Answer Bot dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Article Recommendations: Displays information about Answer Bot activities, ticket resolutions, and activity by articles.
- Flow Builder: Displays information about bot performance across Zendesk channels.
For more information about the Zendesk Answer Bot prebuilt dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Answer Bot dashboard.
Live dashboard (Explore Enterprise only)
The live dashboard for Explore Enterprise displays important information about your Zendesk products in near real time, in one place.
- Zendesk Support Professional or Enterprise
- Zendesk Talk Professional or Enterprise
- Zendesk Chat Professional or Enterprise
For more information, see Overview of the Explore Enterprise live dashboard.
Interacting with prebuilt dashboards
While you cannot edit prebuilt dashboards, you can configure the dashboards' interaction options to enable viewers to control the information the dashboard presents. This section details some of the different interaction options and where to find them.
Filtering dashboard results
Use filters when you want to restrict the data shown on a dashboard to more specific values. For example, you could filter the Tickets created by hour report on the Zendesk Support dashboard to show only those tickets that were opened from a Chat session.
Filters are located at the top of each prebuilt dashboard, for example:
When you click a filter, you are shown a drop-down list of values from which you can choose to include or exclude specific values from the query results on your dashboard. This enables you to focus on a specific group, channel, etc.
For more information on filtering results, see Filtering by attribute values.
Exporting your data
Sometimes, you might want to save the current version of a query or dashboard, or view the data in a different format. You can save an individual query or an entire dashboard tab to your computer using the export interaction. You can use Export on either queries or dashboards.
To export a single query
- Hover over the query you want to export.
- Click the Export icon in the bottom right corner of the query.
- Select from the following export options:
- Export format: Select from either CSV, image, Excel, or PDF.
- Size: Select either a pre-set or custom size. If you select custom size, you will need to enter the width and height. If you check Keep ratio, the width or height will adjust proportionally when you change values.
- Click Export.
- At the top of the dashboard tab you want to export, click More > Export.
- Select from the same export options as for a single query, and then click Export.
The dashboard tab or query in the selected file format and size will be downloaded to your computer.
Changing chart types
For some queries on your prebuilt dashboards, you can change the chart type or visualization used. This is done using the Visualization Selector feature. If a query has the Visualization Selector enabled, the different visualizations a viewer can switch to are shown as icons in the top left corner of the query.
For example in the image above, the Tickets created by channel over time query on the Zendesk Support dashboard permits you to switch between column and line charts.
Editing prebuilt dashboards (Explore Professional and Enterprise only)
You can duplicate a dashboard by clicking Clone at the top of the dashboard. You can also duplicate a dashboard in the Dashboards library (), by selecting Clone from the Settings () drop-down list to the right of the dashboard name.
For more detailed information on duplicating dashboards, see Cloning prebuilt and shared dashboards.