When I reply to a Facebook or Instagram message, I receive an error message right below the comment that says Not delivered.
This commonly occurs when you have recently changed the password of your Facebook or Instagram channels. The instructions to solve this issue change according to its channel:
The instructions to solve this issue on Facebook are divided into three steps.
- Remove the Facebook integration from your Zendesk account.
- Unlink your Facebook page and reauthorize.
- Re-add your Facebook channel to your Zendesk account.
- Remove Instagram Direct from your account. Go to Admin Center > Messaging and social > Messaging.
- On the channel you want to remove, select the options menu () and click Delete.
- Select Delete channel in the window popup.
- Unlink your Zendesk integration from the users on Instagram.
- Re-add the Instagram channel back to your Zendesk account.
If these steps don't help you solve the issue with your Instagram messages, see this article: Agents are unable to respond to an Instagram Direct message.
For related content, see these articles:
- Error: Channel couldn't be added
- There is no option to add Instagram to my account
- My Facebook integration stopped working
Note: Zendesk is removing the legacy Social Messaging App on January 31, 2023. See the article on the removal of the social messaging app to determine if this change affects your account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.