Talk comes included and ready to go with the Zendesk Suite. However, there are many additional settings you can configure to get Talk working just how you want.
Use this article to learn about the settings you can configure for Talk and to find links to more information.
This article contains the following sections:
Accessing the Talk settings page
About the Talk settings tabs
Talk settings are organized in the following tabs:
- Settings - Turn Talk on or off and configure high-level settings such as the call queue and live call recordings. See Enabling Talk and configuring general settings.
- Lines - Set up at least one line from which to make and receive calls. The settings on this tab enable you to add and configure phone, digital, and external lines. See Adding Talk phone lines.
- Business verification - Each country you deal with might have requirements setting up a number for phone support. This tab helps you to understand the requirements for each country. You can supply any supporting information and upload documentation Zendesk will need to supply to verify your business. See Verifying your business for Zendesk Talk phone number purchasing.
- Addresses - When you purchase a Zendesk Talk phone number, regulatory requirements sometimes need you to provide an address before you can use it. Use this tab to add any addresses you need. See Adding an address in Zendesk Talk.
- Greetings - Configure the greetings that a customer hears when they call you. The greetings you can configure include voicemail, IVR, hold, and more. See Managing outgoing greetings.
- Blocked numbers - Block unwanted or spam calls. Talk gives you the capability to block incoming calls from either a single number, or use conditions to block multiple numbers simultaneously. See Blocking unwanted callers.
- IVR - Configure multi-level interactive voice response (IVR), or phone trees. With an IVR, you can route customers to the right agent or department, provide recorded responses for frequently asked questions, and deflect calls by allowing callers to switch from a live call to a text message. See Routing incoming calls with IVR.
- Widget - Integrate Talk with the Web Widget (Classic). You can add a Request a callback button that enables customers to submit a request for a call from an agent or a Call us button which uses a Talk digital line to enable customers to initiate a call to an agent. See Configuring Zendesk Talk settings for Web Widget.
- Dashboard - Find details about your current queue activity, account-wide activity for the current day, and individual agent activity. If you have permissions, you can also change an agent’s online state. See Analyzing call activity with the Talk dashboard.
History - Display your Talk usage statistics, transaction records, and remaining credits. You can find more details about call charges at Zendesk Talk number availability and pricing.See Viewing your Zendesk Talk usage and credit history.
Important: This tab is being replaced by the usage charges tab. It’s currently still available to give you time to migrate any custom reports to the usage charges tab, which contains the most up to date information.
- Usage charges - View Talk charges between a Start date and End date you specify. You can see your total account balance and the history of your calls and text messages including the cost for each one. See Reviewing Talk usage charges.