Click Follow in the What's New section to be notified each month when the What's New is published.
Check out what's new in the last month:
Also don't miss:
- Modernized and consistent experience for creating and managing custom fields for tickets, uses, and organizations. See About custom field types.
- Agents can change both text and background color in ticket comments if activated by an admin in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. You can use several combinations of different text colors with different background colors to enhance comments. See Changing text color.
- Zendesk has made switching to Agent Workspace a lot simpler and easier. You can now turn on Agent Workspace for your account with just a couple of clicks. See Turning on Agent Workspace.
- A new prebuilt Community dashboard and dataset for Guide help you monitor your Zendesk community activity, including the number of posts and comments, upvotes and downvotes, community members, and more. The dataset enables you to build your own custom reports on community activity. See Analyzing community activity with Explore and Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Guide.
- A new prebuilt Activities dashboard and dataset for Sell help you monitor information about your sales emails, calls, tasks, appointments, and visits. The dataset enables you to build your own custom reports on sales activities. See Analyzing your Zendesk Sell activities and Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Sell.
- Use Flow Builder to add a conversational bot to your social channels, including Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Instagram Direct, Twitter DM, and WeChat. See Using Flow Builder to create a social messaging bot.
- Connect your bot to external systems using the Make an API call step. This step allows your bot to surface data, like subscription ID or order status, into a bot’s response that is stored from an external system, such as an internal CRM or an enterprise resource planning product. It can also be used to send events, such as emitting events to Google Analytics or Pendo. See Using the Make an API call step in Flow Builder.
- Add an allowlist of website domains to control where your Web Widget can be shown to end users. When you enable the allowlist:
- The widget can be embedded and accessed on any web pages within the domains (or subdomains) added to the list.
- The widget cannot be accessed on any web pages from domains not included in the list.
- Admins can quickly block the Web Widget from appearing on a domain or subdomain by removing it from the widget’s allowlist.
The content block editor sidebar now displays more precise content block placement information. Specifically, the sidebar shows the articles in which a content block is placed, as well as the exact translations where it is used and their status.See Managing content blocks in articles.
- Malware scanning service scans file attachments to tickets and blocks any that are flagged as potentially malicious. See Managing malicious attachments.
- Zendesk Integration Services (ZIS) is now part of Conversational Data Orchestration. Conversational Data Orchestration is a feature set for automating workflows based on events. See About Conversational Data Orchestration.
- You can now trigger ZIS flows based on custom Sunshine user activity events. See Activity events in the ZIS trigger events reference documentation.
- Ticket views will include an updated interface for managing tickets in bulk. When this feature is released, you’ll see a new toolbar in the ticket views interface to help you take action on multiple tickets at the same time. Watch a video (00:42).
- Zendesk will alert you when you’re adding team members and you use the last seat in your self-service account. This gives you time to buy more agent seats before you run out. Previously, this feature was only available to eligible sales-assisted accounts. See Adding agent seats when the last seat is used.
When is the "Coming soon" items being released? I don't see any links to any documentation of release dates
Both are scheduled to be released in the next few weeks. Look for an Announcement about "Interface improvements to managing tickets in bulk."
How come the new Flow Builder experience is not mentioned under "coming soon"? Has this release been delayed? I am not talking about just the "make an API call step", but about the "collect information" step, the new way to train Answer Bot with questions through flow builder, and segment a flow into many subflows.
Hi, Shayan M. That feature is still being rolled out to customers and won't be fully available for another two weeks, so it will show up on next month's What's New. We do have new articles about it, if you need them:
Hope that helps!
I'm not seeing the option to turn on colored background/text in my admin center. Has that not yet been enabled?
Support for colored background text is included as part of the option to Turn on color text. You should see it in the Comments section of Objects and rules > Tickets > Settings. See screen capture below.
One caveat: You must have the Zendesk Agent Workspace activated on your account to see this setting. If you don't have the Agent Workspace, you won't see this setting.
Unfortunately this feature does not seem to be available as part of the "Make an API call" step that was released with flow builder:
"This step allows your bot to surface data, like subscription ID or order status, into a bot’s response that is stored from an external system, such as an internal CRM or an enterprise resource planning product"
The Make an API call step is available, however it is not possible to collect specific information about the customer (such as customer ID, name, email, order number) and send it to an internal CRM. This would require a "collect information" step, which unfortunately does not seem to have been released so far. The Make an API call step, so far, only has limited functionality of making an API call without input.
When is the Whatsapp Csat language going to be solved?
When are we going to be able to change the incoming call ringtone? and is there a possibility to create a standalone app for windows instead of having to use the browser?
There is an ongoing product feedback thread around changing the incoming ringtone, but unfortunately it's not on our current roadmap. I would recommend upvoting and adding a comment with your use case here: Customize / Edit Ringtone for Incoming Calls and Keyboard Shortcuts for Voice
As for standalone apps, that's probably not likely since we don't have desktop apps for our products. But you can create desktop shortcuts.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
How can we pass variables stored in the chat to an API request URL in flow builder?
For example, is it possible to store the customer question as a variable to pass as a param in the URL?
Maybe this would be achieved using the 'gather information' step that I understand isn't yet available?
The article states:
But it's July now and I still cannot find up vote and down votes. There's still only the singular attribute for article votes that is a total for both. Am I doing something wrong?
This is listed as something that launched in June, it's mid-July and still not rolled out to everyone?
Hi CJ Johnson
Here's the announcement for malware scanning. Looks like the rollout is supposed to be complete this week.
And I'm checking on the other question about up/down votes for you.
Hi CJ Johnson, the Community dataset has discrete metrics for Post upvotes and Post downvotes, but those apply only to community posts. (The Knowledge base dataset, in contrast, has a grouped Article votes metric, which applies to help center articles.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.