To replace an agent with another agent, demote the current agent to an end-user and then add a new agent. By demoting instead of deleting an agent, you can preserve some information about the agent.
To remove an agent
- Make sure to reassign all the tickets currently assigned to the agent.
Any tickets assigned to an agent who is removed will become unassigned.
- Search for and open the agent's profile page.
- Downgrade the agent by selecting End-user as the new Role.
- Confirm that you want to downgrade the agent's role.
- Update any triggers and automations that auto-assigned tickets to the agent.
If you want to completely remove the agent after the downgrade, use the User options arrow in the upper right on the profile page.