This article describes how you can add WeChat social messaging channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace. WeChat is a popular, China-based mobile text and voice messaging communication service.
To use this feature, you must be on Suite with messaging enabled, or using Agent Workspace with Zendesk Support + Chat with Social Messaging or messaging enabled. You must have a WeChat official account to configure WeChat with Zendesk Messaging. Zendesk recommends selecting a WeChat Service Account.
If you're using Social messaging with a standard Support agent interface, refer to Social messaging resources for Support.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding a WeChat channel
To support WeChat social messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, you can add one or more WeChat channels to Admin Center. You must be an administrator to add WeChat channels.
To add a WeChat channel
- In Admin Center, click the Channels icon () in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Messaging.
- Click Add channel and select WeChat from the drop-down.
- Click the Link account button, and follow the instructions to scan your WeChat QR code.
- Scan the QR code using WeChat on your Android or iPhone device. You must be logged in as the admin of your WeChat account on your mobile device.
- You’ll see a WeChat confirmation page in your WeChat mobile app. Click the green button to let Zendesk manage your WeChat messages. After you confirm from your mobile device, your browser will automatically be redirected back to the Channels page.
- (optional) In the WeChat channel details window, enter a unique name for this channel. It may take a few seconds for the WeChat channel details window to reappear.
- Click Save changes.
After you've added your WeChat channel, make sure your agents are set up to use the channel. See Getting started for administrators in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. Also, you can configure automatic responses to social messages your customers send you.