This article describes how you can add WeChat social messaging channels. WeChat is a popular, China-based mobile text and voice messaging communication service.
You must have a WeChat official account to configure WeChat in Zendesk. Zendesk recommends selecting a WeChat Service Account.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding a WeChat channel
To support WeChat social messages, you can add one or more WeChat channels. You must be an admin to add WeChat channels.
To add a WeChat channel
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Messaging.
- Click Add channel and select WeChat from the drop-down.
- Click the Link account button, and follow the instructions to scan your WeChat QR code.
- Scan the QR code using WeChat on your Android or iPhone device. You must be logged in as the admin of your WeChat account on your mobile device.
- You’ll see a WeChat confirmation page in your WeChat mobile app. Click the green button to let Zendesk manage your WeChat messages. After you confirm from your mobile device, your browser will automatically be redirected back to the Channels page.
- (optional) In the WeChat channel details window, enter a unique name for this channel. It may take a few seconds for the WeChat channel details window to reappear.
- Click Save changes.
After you add a WeChat channel, be sure to enable access for agents who will participate in social messaging conversations. Also, you can configure automatic responses to social messages your customers send you.