This article describes how you can add WeChat social messaging channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace. WeChat is a popular, China-based mobile text and voice messaging communication service.
To use this feature, you must be on Suite with messaging enabled, or using Agent Workspace with Zendesk Support + Chat with Social Messaging or messaging enabled. You must have a WeChat official account to configure WeChat with Zendesk Messaging. Zendesk recommends selecting a WeChat Service Account.
If you're using Social messaging with a standard Support agent interface, refer to Social messaging resources for Support.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding a WeChat channel
To support WeChat social messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, you can add one or more WeChat channels to Admin Center. You must be an administrator to add WeChat channels.
To add a WeChat channel
- In Admin Center, click the Channels icon () in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Messaging.
- Click Add channel and select WeChat from the drop-down.
- Click the Link account button, and follow the instructions to scan your WeChat QR code.
- Scan the QR code using WeChat on your Android or iPhone device. You must be logged in as the admin of your WeChat account on your mobile device.
- You’ll see a WeChat confirmation page in your WeChat mobile app. Click the green button to let Zendesk manage your WeChat messages. After you confirm from your mobile device, your browser will automatically be redirected back to the Channels page.
- (optional) In the WeChat channel details window, enter a unique name for this channel. It may take a few seconds for the WeChat channel details window to reappear.
- Click Save changes.
After you've added your WeChat channel, make sure your agents are set up to use the channel. See Getting started for administrators in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. Also, you can configure automatic responses to social messages your customers send you.
Are you looking at it in the Admin Center > Channels icon in the left sidebar? You must have Zendesk Agent Workspace enabled for the Zendesk messaging channel setup available in Admin Center. I may suggest toggling the Agent Workspace off and on again to trigger the provision of your messaging capabilities again. See the article About messaging channels for the Zendesk Agent Workspace
I hope this helps!
Rosie B. | Associate Customer Advocate
Got a question? Come chat with us!
Ask our Zendesk Community
NEW - Zendesk offers free, on-demand training for all of our products. Set up your account and start learning today at training.zendesk.com
To integrate We Chat with Zendesk is it necessary to have an official We Chat account or is it enough to have a simple account? If the latter, are there any limitations to using WeChat in Zendesk?
Since our integration requires API access to be enabled, you'd need to have an official business WeChat account to this up using Zendesk.
I hope this helps!
I am setting up an Official Bussiness WeChat account of type "Service account".
when setting this up, they clearly state that
Basic Messaging API - none
Support for Advanced APIs - none
does that mean I won't be able to connect this to Zendesk.
Does anyone have experience with this?
As confirmed in our Sunshine Conversations documentation here: https://docs.smooch.io/guide/wechat/#configuring-wechat you will need a WeChat Official Account in order to configure WeChat with Zendesk Messaging. We recommend selecting a "Service Account" in this case, so you can be sure that this would work with Zendesk messaging :)
Why I can't find Wechat in Add channel?
I sent you an email so we can investigate this issue further. Kindly check your email so we can work on this together.
Thanks! And, have a great day!
Please sign in to leave a comment.