The Time Tracking app enables you to monitor how much time you spend on tickets. You might see all or just some of the following options, depending on how your administrator has set up time tracking.
Every agent must do a one-time browser refresh to see the Time Tracking app after it's installed.
The app must be installed and set up by an admin. See Setting up the Time Tracking app.
Making the Time Tracking app appear after installation
The first time you use the Time Tracking app, do a hard refresh on your browser for it to appear. You will only need to do this once.
To make the Time Tracking app visible
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac) or Control + F5 (Windows) to refresh your browser cache.
Tracking your time spent on tickets
To pause and resume the timer
- Click pause and play to pause and resume the timer as needed, such as if you still have a ticket open but are taking a break to answer an unrelated phone call.
To reset the timer
- Click the refresh button to reset the timer to 0.
- Click Show timelogs to review how long different agents have spent on that ticket.
To edit the total time spent on a ticket
- When you submit a ticket, you might see a window like the following, which allows you to edit or confirm your time:
When the window appears, the timer begins counting down from 15. If you don't click Cancel or Submit time before the 15 seconds are up, it closes, and you are returned to the ticket.