This Explore recipe shows you how to create a report that lists the calls received per date, hour, and half-hour segments of when it was created. To be able to display half-hour segments, you need to create a standard calculated attribute.
What you'll need
Skill level: Average
Time Required: 10 mins
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
Use the following steps to create this report in Explore.
- In Zendesk Explore, click the reports ( ) icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Talk > Talk - Calls dataset, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Calls > Calls, then click Apply.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Call started > Call - Date and Time - Call started > Call - Hour, then click Apply.
- In the calculations menu (), click Standard calculated attribute. The Standard calculated attribute page opens.
- In the Name field, type a name for your new metric, for example, Call - Half hour.
- In the Formula field, enter or paste the following formula, then click Save.
Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
IF ([Call - Minute]<=30) THEN "0-30"
ELIF ([Call - Minute]>30 AND [Call - Minute]<=60) THEN "30-60"
You can now add this calculated attribute to the report above or use it in your own reports, for example: