Check out what's new in the last month:
Also don't miss:
- Zendesk has new resources for setting up your account. Click the help icon to open to open a panel on the right side of the screen. The panel includes simple setup instructions and videos, plus links to additional learning resources, including training courses and help center search.
- New Chat dashboard redirect links are available in Admin Center. You can use these links to navigate to Chat settings from Admin Center. The links include redirects to Chat shortcut settings, Chat trigger settings, and Chat routing settings. See Using Zendesk Admin Center.
- New trial intent questions are included at the beginning of the Zendesk Suite trial. Zendesk uses this information to make sure you have the best trial experience possible. See Introducing Zendesk Suite trial tasks.
- You can now more easily view and search for verified and suspended users on the Customers page of Admin Center. See Zendesk Support search reference, Verifying an end user’s email address, and Suspending a user.
- You can now have up to two active SAML and two active JSON Web Token (JWT) SSO configurations. Previously, Zendesk only allowed one SAML or JWT configuration to be set up for team members and end users. Now you have the option of creating two SAML configurations or two JWT configurations for both groups or a different configuration for each group. See Using different SAML and JWT SSO (single sign-on) configurations.
- The skills-based routing page has moved to Admin Center > Objects and rules > Business rules > Skills. There are no changes to existing functionality or settings.
- You can add a new custom field called the lookup relationship field to tickets, users, and organizations. After adding the field, team members can use it to establish relationships with other users, organizations, or tickets. You can use the field in creative ways to serve your specific business needs. For example, you could create a lookup relationship field called Manager, tie that lookup field to your account's users, and add the field to your ticket form. See Using lookup relationship fields.
It’s now possible to localize the name of a macro, making it easier to support multiple languages for your agents. You can use dynamic content in macro names so that localization can be done efficiently without the need for duplicating each macro. See Translating macros using dynamic content.
- New set of upgrade videos and other resource planning documents are available to help you prepare for your migration to the Zendesk Agent Workspace. See Resources for upgrading to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Behavior for pasting content into ticket comments in the Zendesk Agent Workspace has changed slightly to improve the user experience:
- You can now contact the US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (988) using the Talk call console. The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the United States. See Emergency calling in Talk.
- Instructions on how to set up a sales CRM in your account are available in the trial task wizard. You'll see the new sales CRM task If you trial an account with both support and sales capabilities. See Introducing Zendesk Suite trial tasks.
- One quick actions menu. Sales reps can now use the Sell multi-channel composer to update and write emails, notes, and SMS text messages. See About using email in Sell, Using calls and text in Sell, and Working with notes in Sell.
- Change of OAuth from basic to multi-factor authorization. As of 31 August, 2022 Microsoft will no longer support basic OAuth.
If your email is still connected to Sell by Microsoft basic OAuth, you must change the model of authorization from basic OAuth to multi-factor OAuth. See Connecting your Microsoft email to Sell.
- Improved readability for the deal attributes column on deal pages in Sell. The field label now displays above the field values and is consistent with other Zendesk features.