If you are on Professional or Enterprise, you can enable your agents to add users to multiple organizations. Organizations are collections of users (both end users and team members). For more information about organizations, see About organizations and groups. On Team plans, users can belong to only one organization.
- Providing external customer support If you support multiple business units or brands, or you have end users who are contractors and supervisors providing oversight on various groups of customers, you can create organizations based on brands, teams, or business units, and add end users the relevant organizations.
- Supporting internal employees If you support internal employees, you can create organizations for each office location or for each department. Then assign end users who work in multiple offices, or who belong to multiple departments, to multiple organizations accordingly.
- Looping in other internal departments If you need to keep internal departments, such as sales or product teams, in the loop on support conversations, you can add them as end users to multiple organizations as needed, instead of making them agents.
- In Admin Center, click the People icon () in the sidebar, then select Configuration > End users.
- Click Enabled beside Allow users to belong to multiple
- Click Save tab.
To manage users in multiple organizations, see Managing users in multiple organizations.