To enable your users set their own cookie preferences, you must use a third-party cookie consent service (CCS) to apply cookie consent options on your help center. If end users choose to block cookies, they may have a degraded user experience.
If you are using a theme from the Theme Marketplace, then it must have a Developer license. For more information about theming, see Using Guide themes from the Zendesk Marketplace
Note: Zendesk does not accept any liability for your use of any CCS. Your use of such services is subject to the terms, conditions and functionality of the CCS provider.
To set up a third party cookie consent service
- Choose a third-party cookie consent management platform, such as Cookiebot, TrustArc, or OneTrust and follow their instructions.
- In your Guide help center, click on the Customize design icon.
- On the Themes page, click Customize on the theme you want to add the cookie consent option to.
- On the page of the theme, click Edit code.
head tag. You do that by adding it to the document_head.hbs template, which contains anything within the
head tag. If you have one or more analytics snippets in the document_head.hbs (such as Google Analytics) you should add your cookie consent snippet above the analytics snippets.
- Using the instructions of the CCS, configure the code to control all Guide cookies, and local storage that is not listed as "Strictly necessary" on the Zendesk cookie list.