With the Live calls dashboard, team managers can see at-a-glance all ongoing calls, listen in on agent conversations and barge in on calls when agents need support or escalation. Administrators and custom roles with the System > Can manage channels and extensions permission (see Agent permissions) can access the Live calls dashboard. Users with only the Channels > Can view Zendesk Talk dashboard permission will not be able to monitor calls. Users with the correct permission who don't have a Talk Agent seat will be able to view the dashboard but not interact with calls.
- Which agent is on the call
- The group the agent belongs to
- The caller
- Call type (inbound or outbound)
- Related ticket
- Call duration
To view the Live Calls dashboard and monitor calls
- From the product tray, select Talk.
- In the new tab that opens, select the Live Calls icon in the sidebar.
- Filter by agent or group name using the search field in the upper right.
- To monitor a call without the agent or caller being notified, click Listen.
Note: Only one agent can listen to a call at a time.
- Click Barge to join the call. The agent and caller will both hear a beep notifying them a third party has joined.
Note: Only one agent can barge into a call at a time. The original agent must remain on the call; if they disconnect, the call will end.
- Click End barge to leave and return to Listen mode.
- Click Leave call to end Listen mode.
To view an audit report of call monitoring activity
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Channels > Talk.
- Select the History tab.
- Click the Export Monitoring CSV button.