Using the Live calls dashboard, team managers can see at-a-glance all ongoing calls, listen in on agent conversations and barge in on calls when agents need support or escalation.
- Your account must be a member of the Admin or Team lead Talk role in the Zendesk Admin Center. To learn how to configure roles for your users, see Giving agents access to Talk.
- Users with only the Analytics > View Zendesk Talk dashboard permission cannot monitor calls.
- Users with the correct permission who don't have a Talk Agent seat can view the dashboard but not interact with calls.
This article contains the following topics:
Viewing the Live calls dashboard and monitoring calls
- The agent on the call
- The group the agent belongs to
- The call type (inbound or outbound)
- The caller number
- The ticket related to the call
- The call duration
Use the procedure below to learn how to open the Live calls dashboard and monitor calls.
To view the Live calls dashboard and monitor calls
- From the product tray, select Talk.
- In the new tab that opens, click the Live calls icon in the sidebar.
The dashboard opens. You can filter the dashboard by agent or group name using the search field in the upper right.
- In addition to viewing live call information, the dashboard enables you to take the following actions:
Listen into a call: To monitor a call without notifying the agent or caller, click Listen.
Note: If a call shows a status of IN MONITORING, it means that another administrator is already listening to the call. Only one user can listen to a call at a time.
Join an existing call (barge): Click Barge to join the call. The agent and caller will both hear a beep notifying them a third party has joined.
Click End barge to leave and return to listening in to the call.Note: Only one agent can barge into a call at a time. The original agent must remain on the call; if they disconnect, the call will end.
- Stop listening in: Click Leave call to stop listening to the call.
- Listen into a call: To monitor a call without notifying the agent or caller, click Listen.
Auditing call monitoring activity
You can export a comma-separated values (CSV) file containing an audit report of call monitoring activity.
To the call monitoring activity report
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then click Channels > Talk.
- Click the History tab.
- Click the Export Monitoring CSV button.
The report will be emailed to the address associated with your user account.