With Zendesk Talk, you can choose between using your web browser or your phone to place and receive calls.
This article contains the following sections:
Setting up your browser for calls
Before you start, ensure that you are using a web browser (like Google Chrome, or Firefox) that supports WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication), a browser-based communication protocol to make calls. Zendesk Talk does not work with Adobe Flash.
Additionally, you use a browser to place and receive calls, you must open ports on your computer and network firewalls for Zendesk Talk to work.To learn more, see Optimizing Zendesk Talk quality.
To take calls with your browser
- Click the Talk icon () in the top toolbar to open the call console.
- In the call console, click the globe icon and then select Via Browser.
Setting up your phone for calls
To take calls with your phone
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then click Manage > People.
- From the list of users, click the user who you want to set up forwarding for.
- Edit the user profile by selecting the User menu, then clicking View profile.
- Next to Agent forwarding, click + add number.
Note: If you have multiple users sharing the same forwarding number, you must include different extension numbers.
- In the window that appears, select a country and enter your phone number.
If your telephone number includes an extension, add it to the extension field. If you also use additional key presses, you can also add those to the extension field. For example, if a caller must dial '123' followed by a pound ('#') key, enter '123#'.
- Click Save.
- In the call console, click the globe icon and select Via Phone.