When you use Talk, you can choose between using your web browser or your phone to take and place calls.
This article contains the following sections:
Setting up your browser for calls
Before you start, ensure that you are using a web browser (like Google Chrome, or Firefox) that supports WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication), a browser-based communication protocol to make calls.
To learn about other factors to consider when using your browser for calls, see see Optimizing Zendesk Talk quality.
To take calls with your browser
- Click the Talk icon () on the right side of the top toolbar to open the call console.
- In the call console, click the globe icon and then select Via Browser.
Opening ports on your computer
If you use a browser to take calls, you need to open ports on your computer and network firewalls for Zendesk Talk to work.
For details about the correct ports to open, see Optimizing Zendesk Talk quality.
Setting up your phone for calls
To take calls with your phone
- Edit your user profile by selecting the User menu, then clicking View profile page.
- Next to Agent forwarding, click +add number.
Note: If you have multiple users sharing the same forwarding number, you must include different extension numbers.
- In the window that appears, select a country and enter your phone number.
If your telephone number includes an extension, add it to the extension field. If you also use additional key presses, you can also add those to the extension field. For example, if a caller must dial '123' followed by a pound ('#') key, enter '123#'.
- Click Save.
- In the call console, click the globe icon and select Via Phone.