You can take and place Talk calls directly from a web browser or with your phone.
Setting up your browser for calls
To take calls with your browser
- Click the Talk icon () on the right side of the top toolbar to open the call console.
- In the call console, click the globe icon and then select Via Browser.
Opening ports on your computer
If you use a browser to take calls, you need to open ports on your computer and network firewalls for Zendesk Talk to work.
For using Talk in your browser with WebRTC, make sure the following ports are not blocked:
- TCP: port 80 and 443
- UDP: all ports between 10,000 and 60,000
- Open the required ports on your computer.
Follow the steps for your operating system.
- Open the required ports on your network firewall.
- For an enterprise/office environment, give the above port requirements to your IT team.
- For a home environment, follow the steps for your operating system.
- (Optional) Test your ports to confirm they are open.
See Talk network requirements for information on computer ports.
Setting up your phone for calls
In addition to answering calls via the browser, you can select to forward calls to your office or mobile phone.
To take calls with your phone
- Edit your user profile by selecting the User menu, then clicking View profile page.
- Next to Agent forwarding, click +add number.
Note: If you have multiple users sharing the same forwarding number, you must include different extension numbers.
- In the window that appears, select a country and enter your phone number.
If your telephone number includes an extension, add it to the extension field. If you also use additional key presses, you can also add those to the extension field. For example, if a caller must dial '123' followed by a pound ('#') key, enter '123#'.
- Click Save.
- In the call console, click the globe icon and select Via Phone.