Guide Team Publishing enables advanced knowledge management workflows, making it easy for teams to collaborate on and manage content. Teams can set up collaboration workflows to review, approve, and publish content. They can also stage content updates for published articles without affecting the live content.
Articles move through various content states as needed, and can be assigned or reassigned to team members as needed. Team Publishing includes four article states and direct article assignment. You must be on Guide Enterprise to use Team Publishing.
Overview of Team Publishing workflows
Team Publishing makes it easy for teams to collaborate on new and updated content. The following graphic shows some of the possible Team Publishing workflows for Guide Enterprise, as well as Guide Lite, Professional, and Legacy.
The workflow for Guide Enterprise
The workflow for Guide Lite, Guide Professional, and Guide Legacy
About Team Publishing article states
Team Publishing includes the following workflow states:
- Guide Publishing states
- Published A published article has a live version currently published in your Help Center. This includes all live translations, if you support multiple languages. It is possible for an article to have a published version and a version in another state.
- Drafts An article in a draft state has not been published.
Guide Review states
- In Progress An article in progress is being created or updated, but is not yet ready to be reviewed or published. Any changes will not affect the published version of the article. Any saved changes to an article in the review or approved state will put it in a work in progress state.
- Awaiting review Means the article has been updated and is ready for review by another user.
- Ready to publish An article that is ready to publish has been approved for publishing when you’re ready or it has been scheduled for automatic publishing.
The Archived state
- Archived This means the article has been unpublished and moved to your archive. It will not return in searches in your knowledge base. Any article can be set to an archived state, regardless of whether it came from a publishing state or a review state.
The state of an article is indicated next to the article title when in edit mode.
If you are a Guide admin, you can view all articles in a particular state in the associated article list.