This Explore recipe demonstrates how you can make ticket IDs that you include in a chart into clickable links. The report viewer can click the link, and the selected ticket will open in Support. You can quickly create clickable links when you use the following chart visualization types:
With a little extra work, you can also make ticket IDs in tables clickable.
In this recipe, you'll create a report that list all of your tickets with the number of agent replies. For each ticket ID displayed, you can click it to open the corresponding Support ticket.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
You can click the preview below to watch a video of this recipe, or continue to the walkthrough.
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Tickets, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure; in this case, the number of agent replies for each ticket. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Activity > Agent replies, then click Apply.
Explore displays the results from the metric; in this case, the number of agent replies.
- Next, create a standard calculated attribute for the clickable ticket ID. In the calculations menu (), click Standard calculated attribute.
- On the Standard calculated attribute page, enter a Name for the attribute (for example Clickable link), and then paste or enter the following Formula:
LINK("https://<your subdomain>/agent/tickets/"+[Ticket ID],[Ticket ID])
Replace <your subdomain> with your own subdomain. For example, if your subdomain is support.zendesk.com, the formula would look like the one in the screenshot below:Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Calculated Attributes > Clickable link, then click Apply. Explore displays the chart. For each ticket, the number of agent replies is shown. If you use the Bullet, Gauge, or Sparkline visualization types, you'll see that ticket links are now clickable. To get clickable links on tables, continue with these steps.
To make ticket links on tables clickable
- If you haven't done so already, from the visualizations menu (), choose Table.
- From the chart configuration menu (), choose Chart.
- From the Text interpretation drop-down list, choose HTML
- Ensure that the Clickable URL box is checked.
Now, when you click any ticket number in the Clickable link column, it will open a new Support window with the ticket details.