When you migrate to the new CCs experience, Zendesk tickets change to include both CCs and Followers fields. In some rare cases, you may decide to remove this feature from your account. This article describes how to roll back CCs and followers.
For a complete list of documentation about CCs and followers, see CC and followers resources.
Rolling back your account
If you don't see the rollback options mentioned in this article in your instance of Support, it means that the new CCs and followers experience is enabled in your account by default and you aren't allowed to rollback. However, you can enable and disable CC and follower settings, if needed.
To roll back CCs and followers:
- Admin Center > Objects and rules > Tickets > Settings
- In the CCs and Followers section, click No longer want
to be a part of the CCs and Followers
A confirmation message appears.
- Select the checkbox to verify that you understand the impact to business rules and customizations, then click Opt out of the CCs and Followers experience.
- After a few minutes, refresh your browser and open a few of your
tickets to verify that the Follower field in the
sidebar has been replaced by a CCs field.
Rolling back business rules
After you rollback your account, you’ll need to manually rollback your triggers, macros, and automations to remove settings for CCs and followers. There’s no migration wizard for this.
To manually rollback triggers, macros, and automations:
- As a guide to rolling back business rules,
refer to the affected rules list for your account.
This is the list you downloaded when you migrated to CCs and followers.
- Rollback your business rules:
- To rollback triggers, in the sidebar, click the Admin icon (), then select Business Rules > Triggers.
- To rollback macros, in the sidebar, click the Admin icon (), then select Manage > Macros.
- To rollback automations, in the sidebar, click the Admin icon (), then select Business Rules > Automations.
- Change the rules back to their original settings. For example, change Email user: (requester and CC) back to Email user: (requester).
- When you’ve finished making updates, save your changes.
- In the sidebar, click the Admin icon (), then select Settings > Tickets.
- In the CCs section, restore your CC email template. When you roll back, the CC email template replaces the Follower email template.