Content blocks enable you to create content that you can share between multiple articles. When you insert an image into a content block, you can choose the images you want from the image gallery, a place to store and manage your content block images.
You can access the image gallery within the content block editor. You can use the image gallery to upload and insert images into your content blocks or,if you are a Guide admin, to view all images uploaded to content blocks across you account.
The following image displays the Images on this content block tab within the image gallery, where you can view all images that are used in the content block you are working in.
For information about inserting images into content blocks from the gallery, see inserting images in articles and content blocks.
Opening and viewing the image gallery
You can open and view the image gallery from any content block you, or someone else has created.
To open and view the image gallery
- In help center or Guide admin, create a new content block or edit an existing content block.
- In the content block, click the Add image icon () on the content block toolbar. The image gallery opens. You can select the tabs to display the images you want to work with:
- Images on this content block: Displays all images that have been uploaded for this content block.
- Your images: Displays only images that you've uploaded for content blocks.
- All images (Guide admins only): Displays all images for content blocks that have been uploaded to your account.
Uploading images to the gallery
You can upload another image when the gallery doesn’t contain the image you need.
To upload an image to the gallery
- Open the image gallery, then click Upload image or drag and drop an image into the gallery.
- Select one or more images you want to add to the gallery, then click Open. Your images are uploaded to the gallery and are available to use.
Managing images in the gallery
Once you’ve uploaded your images to the gallery, you can insert images into content blocks, replace them, or delete them.
To manage images in the gallery
Open the image gallery, click the options menu () on an image, then select one of the following options:
- Insert image: Inserts the selected image into the open content block at the current cursor position.
Replace image: Replaces the current image with a new one you specify. You can use this option to upload a new image, preview the old and new images, and view all content blocks in which the image appears.
When you replace an image, the new image will replace the old image in any article where this content block is used, including published articles that use this block. However, the URL will remain the same, which prevents links from breaking when you replace an image in a content block.
Delete image (Guide admins only): Permanently removes the selected image from the image gallery and removes the image from any published article that uses it.
When you select this option, a new window displays a preview of the image and a list of all content blocks in which it appears. Verify the image you want to delete is not used in any other content blocks prior to deleting it. If a deleted image is used in a content block within a published article, the article will display a broken image icon where the image was placed.