There are two options available for organizing your triggers: reordering and sorting. Reordering will alter the order your triggers are fired. Sorting will not change the order your triggers are fired, only how you view your list of triggers. If you want to reorder your triggers, the sorting option must be set to "Sort by position".
This article contains the following sections:
You can reorder your list of triggers to designate the order they're fired in. Remember that all of your active triggers run each time a ticket is created or updated and actions in one trigger can affect the actions in another.
- Changes or updates to ticket values. Any triggers that change ticket values, such as status, priority, or any other field value, should be listed first. These triggers can impact ticket assignments and notifications.
- Ticket assignments. Triggers that assign tickets to groups or individual agents should be listed after triggers that update any other value on the ticket.
- Notifications. Triggers that send notifications to users or targets should be listed last. This is because you want the system to make any necessary changes before you send out email notifications.
You can reorder your triggers manually in a number of ways:
- Using drag-and-drop to move them around the list.
- Assigning them the first, last, or another specific position.
To reorder triggers using drag-and-drop
- On the Triggers page, click the Settings icon () to open the menu:
- Select Reorder page.
- Click and hold the drag-and-drop handle for the trigger you want to move:
- Drag the trigger into position and release the handle. Repeat as needed to reorder your triggers list.
- Click Save.
To assign a position in the list to a trigger
- Hover your mouse over the trigger you want to move to display the Options menu icon ().
- Click the Options menu icon and select a new position for the trigger:
- Move to first position places the trigger at the top of the triggers list.
- Move to last position places the trigger at the bottom of the triggers list.
- Select position opens a window allowing you to select a position for the trigger:
- Scroll through (or search) the list of triggers.
- Select one to place the moving trigger above.
- Click Move.
- The trigger is moved into its new position in the list.
Sorting the list of triggers
You sort your list of triggers on a number of properties, including:
- Created date
- Updated date
- Usage frequency (1hr, 1d, or 7d)
Sorting your triggers will not affect the order your triggers are fired. If you want to select a new order to fire your trigger, select the "Sort by position" option and follow the steps in Reordering triggers.
- On the Triggers page, click the Sort by icon to open the menu.
- Select the property you want to use.
The triggers are reorganized based on that property.