Use this article to help you understand the reporting options you have with your Zendesk products and plan level. You can access all of your reporting products from the Reporting page () of the Zendesk Support console.
This article contains the following topics to help you learn about when you'll use each reporting option:
Zendesk Explore (Support Professional and Enterprise)
- Explore Lite contains pre-built dashboards containing best practices reports for your Zendesk products. Explore Lite is included with all Support Professional and Enterprise plans.
- Explore Professional extends Explore Lite by enabling you to create, share, and secure your own customizable reports. Explore Professional is an add-on for Support Professional and Enterprise.
To learn everything you need to know about Explore, see Zendesk Explore resources.
Use Explore when
- You are an existing Insights customer who has been added to Explore (you will have received an in-product notification)
- You are a new Support Professional or Enterprise customer who purchased the product after July 2018
- You are a member of the Explore Early Access Program (EAP)
Insights (Support Professional and Enterprise)
Insights is included with Zendesk Support Professional and Enterprise. Insights extends the capabilities of the built-in reports to let you build, customize, secure, and share your own reports. If you purchased Zendesk Support after November 13th 2018, you don't have access to Insights.
For more information about Insights, see Zendesk Insights resources.
Use Insights when
- You have not yet been upgraded to Explore (there are currently some limitations to implementing Explore. If you are not automatically added, contact email@example.com for help).
- You want to maintain custom reports you have not yet migrated to Explore. See Upgrading from Insights to Explore for help converting these reports to Explore. Additionally, we've published many recipes that help you get started writing custom reports with Explore.
Built-in reports (all Support plans)
Built-in reports are available with all Zendesk Support plans. To view the built-in reports, open the Reporting page () and select one of the available tabs, which differ depending on the Zendesk products you have installed. For general information about agents and tickets in your company, choose Overview.
For more information about the Zendesk built-in reports, see Using the Reporting Overview.
Use the built-in reports when
- You are on the Zendesk Support Essential or Team plan
- You have not configured Explore and want to use the built-in dashboards