The Cancel Ticket Submit app (formerly called the Oops app in v1) prevents ticket submission and allows an agent to review their comments before submitting the ticket in Zendesk to help prevent errors and missed information. With the Premium and Plus plans, agents can also review attachments and recipients on a ticket, as well as confirm that the reply is public or private.
This article includes the following topics:
Installing and configuring the app
The Cancel Ticket Submit app can be installed from the Zendesk Marketplace.
To install and configure the app
- In Zendesk Support, click Admin (), then select Apps > Marketplace. Enter "Cancel Ticket Submit" in the search bar at the upper right of the page.
- Double-click on the Çancel Ticket Submit app icon, and click Buy.
- Choose the plan that has the features you need. You can change the plan you're using at any time by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
- In the Installation section, enter a name for the Cancel Ticket Submit app, enable group and role restrictions if required. These configuration options are also available after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
- If you would like tickets to submit automatically at the end of the timeout, select the Allow automatic ticket submission after timeout check box. Otherwise, the application will block submission of the ticket at the end of the timeout.
- In Global Ticket Submission Delay Timeout, set the number of seconds for the delay. 30 seconds is the maximum time.
- Select the Allow each agent to select their own timeout to cancel a submission check box to allow agents to set their own timeout interval. If an agent sets the timeout to 0, the dialog won't appear and the app won't prevent ticket submission.
- If you have subscribed to the Plus or Premium plans, select Verify only public replies to only confirm sending public replies and not internal comments.
- To add a tag to the ticket when it has been cancelled, list the tags in the Ticket Submission Cancel Tags field as comma-separated values. For example,
- If you have subscribed to the Premium plan, you can specify email domains to be considered as internal recipients' domains by listing them in the Internal domains field as comma-separated values. For example,
- Click Install.
Using the app
When a ticket is submitted, if the timeout is set to a number greater than 0, a modal displays the text of the ticket comment. This gives the agent the opportunity to review their comment and stop the ticket submission if they need to edit the comment.
Confirming the ticket comment (Basic, Plus, and Premium plans)
The dialog that is displayed when the ticket is submitted shows the comment text. If the agent clicks Cancel or clicks out of the dialog box, it returns to the ticket window to make corrections. If they click Save, the app proceeds to allow submission of the ticket.
Confirming to send a public or private reply (Plus and Premium plans)
The Plus and Premium plans provides confirmation that you've sent a public reply or an internal note is shown. This displays either "You are sending a Public Reply" or "You are sending an Internal Note." Otherwise, the behavior is the same as confirming the ticket comment.
Confirming attachments on a reply (Plus and Premium plans)
An agent can confirm if they want to include the attachments on the current reply. The attachments must be confirmed, either by clicking each individual check box or by clicking Confirm All, before the Save button is enabled to allow the ticket to be sent.
Confirming recipients (Premium plan)
A list of all recipients who will receive the reply are shown. If you have specified internal email domains in your app settings, the app interface at the top shows the number of internal recipients, the total number of external recipients, and the number of external email domains in the list.
Select the recipients to send the message. Recipients that are not selected are removed from the CC list on the ticket.
Version 2.1.2 - 2020-04-06
- New feature for Plus and Premium plans
- Setting to only show the confirmation on public replies
- Bug fixes
- Fixes the icon display
Version 2.1.1 - 2019-12-16
- Bug fixes
- Fixes an issue with problematic translations
- Package upgrades and updates
Version 2.1.0 - 2019-12-16
- Added Plus and Premium tiers with the following new features:
- Confirm all attachments before allowing the ticket to be sent
- Confirm all recipients on a ticket and show if they are internal or external domains
- Confirm if a reply is public or internal