A user's profile contains a range of data which can be updated and edited as required. This article describes how to add and edit information in a user's profile in Zendesk Support.
- Navigate to a user's profile in Zendesk Support (see Viewing a user's profile in Zendesk Support).
- Click the user's name to enter a new profile name.
- Click the down arrow next to the +New ticket button at the top right of the profile to merge, suspend, delete, or assume the identity of the user.
- To edit a user's details, click the field box you would like to edit. You can also add user's contact information from this location.
For details of the default user fields, see Viewing a user's profile in Zendesk Support.
Adding user contact information
A user account can contain multiple types of contact information, including email, phone, and social media accounts.
A user account can contain multiple email addresses. When you add the first email address, a verification email is sent to that address and must be confirmed before the email address is valid. This email address is set as the primary address, which means that notifications are sent to that address. If you add more email addresses to the user account, no verification email is sent and the address is automatically verified. You can change the primary email address to any of the other verified email addresses.
You can also add multiple phone numbers, Google accounts, and Twitter accounts. Note that you can only add one Facebook account.
- Navigate to the user's profile in Zendesk Support (see Viewing a user's profile in Zendesk Support).
- In the user's profile, click Add contact and select the type of contact you want to add, then enter the contact information in the field that appears.
- Repeat as needed.
- When you are finished, you can close the user's profile by navigating away from it.
To delete a user's contact information
- In the user's profile, click the arrow next to contact information box, then select Remove from the drop-down list.
- In the user's profile, click the email address and select Resend verification email or Verify now.
- In the user's profile, add (shown above) and verify (shown above) the new email address you want to make primary.
- Click the arrow next to the new email address and select Make primary contact from the drop-down list.