Verification is an article setting that lets you indicate whether an article is accurate and current, or whether it needs review and possible revision. You can use article verification to either:
- Manually unverify articles, prompting an immediate review and verification by article owners.
- Automatically unverify articles by configuring article verification rules based on predefined filter and interval criteria.
When articles are unverified, article owners receive email reminders to review and verify their articles. You cannot change or add recipients to the notifications. The owner is the author by default, but you can change the article owner to another user or a group.
This article contains the following sections:
Manually unverify articles
You can use article verification to initiate a one-time review of your knowledge base content. For example, you might be moving to a new brand name, in which case you would want to review and revise your articles to reflect the new brand.
To perform a one-time review, you can either unverify individual articles, or unverify articles in bulk.
- In Guide, click the Manage articles () icon in the sidebar.
- Select one or more articles to update.
You can select a maximum of 30 articles at a time. To select 30 items at once, select the check box beside Title at the top of the list.
- Click the Article settings bulk actions menu at the bottom, then select Unverify.
- Click Unverify to confirm that you want to verify the selected articles.
Create article verification rules
You can create article verification rules to send reminders when articles need to be reviewed and verified, based on the criteria and interval you set. This helps ensure that your content doesn't become stale or out of date. For example, every three months you might want to review articles that have a specific label, appear in a certain category, or haven't been updated in a while.
You can create as many as 20 verification rules. You must be a Guide admin to create article verification rules.
You can duplicate an existing rule if you'd like your rule to be based on another rule.
To create an article verification rule
- In Guide, click the Settings icon () icon in the sidebar, then click Article verification.
- Click Add.
If the Add button is not available, then you have already created the maximum number of 20 rules. You can delete a rule if you want to add a new rule.
- Enter a Rule name.
- Select a Frequency for the reminder.
After the specified interval, an email notification is sent to the article owner and the articles appear in the Article Verification list.
- Select Filters to determine the group of articles for this rule.
As you select filter options, a list of affected articles appears below. See Guide product limits for your help center for filter limits.
- Click Create.