Note: Auto Accept is now available to all chat and messaging customers on Agent workspace. ( EAP ended on 16 November)
We are happy to announce the launch of auto-accept functionality for live chat and messaging. With auto-accept, agents will no longer need to manually click the Accept button for new, incoming live chat and messaging conversations.
What's changing and why?
For live chat and messaging conversations today, when agents with available capacity are identified, they see the Accept Chat button, and agents need to manually click the button to accept that conversation. With auto accept, we are solving the following problems for customers.
- Agent efficiency gains and lowering FRT (First reply time). Waiting for agents to click accept represents 40% of overall FRT numbers, and by automating this step, we expect some efficiency gain to be reflected in the FRT trends.
- Correct matching of available capacity and conversations in queue. With auto accept, the system will ensure that if there is capacity available, we assign a conversation from the queue, and agents no longer have an option to not pick an incoming conversation.
- Achieving almost 100% acceptance rate. Related to the bullet above, for scenarios of outsourced operations, support admins can be sure that all agents are utilizing the available capacity to maximum.
Points to consider before enabling auto-accept capability
- Auto-accept is available for all the live chat and messaging customers on Agent Workspace.
- Auto-accept is supported within the assigned mode of routing. If you are using broadcast mode of routing, auto accept can only be enabled when you turn on the assigned mode of routing.
- Auto Accept is not supporting Reassignment at the moment and Reassignment settings needs to be disabled before auto-accept can be enabled.
- Separate setting to enable and disable the feature.
Key experience elements
Settings for Omnichannel routing messaging customers.
Setting for live chat and messaging customers on Chat dashboard.
For more information see Automatically accepting live chat and messaging conversations in the Zendesk Agent Workspace (EAP).