This article describes how you can add WhatsApp social messaging channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace. WhatsApp is a popular chat and voice messaging app with more than 1.5 billion users in over 180 countries. If you plan to use WhatsApp, you need to purchase both the Social Messaging add-on and the WhatsApp Phone Number add-on.
This article contains the following sections:
Sending information to Zendesk
Before you can add a WhatsApp channel, you'll need to send some information to Zendesk. For details, see Information you need to send to Zendesk. We need this information so we can create a unique deployment ID for your WhatsApp channel. Make sure you have a unique deployment ID for each WhatsApp channel you want to add.
Adding a WhatsApp channel
To support WhatsApp social messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, you can add one or more WhatsApp channels to Admin Center. You must be an administrator to add WhatsApp channels. For more information about how to find the information required to add a WhatsApp channel, see Editing your WhatsApp business profile.
To add a WhatsApp channel
- In any product, click the Zendesk Products icon () in the top bar, then select Admin Center.
- Click the Channels icon ( ) in the left sidebar.
- Click Add channel and select WhatsApp from the drop-down.
- Enter your deployment ID, then click Next.
- Select a method to receive your verification code. Choices are SMS or Phone call.
The verification code will be sent to the phone number associated with your WhatsApp deployment ID.
- Click Send code.
- When you receive your verification code, enter the code on the Zendesk Add channel page.
- Click Connect channel.
When the channel connects successfully, a Channel added message appears.
Editing your WhatsApp business profile
When you add a WhatsApp channel in Admin Center, you can include business profile details for your account. These details are visible to your customers from WhatsApp.
Business profile details include:
- Channel name: Enter a unique name to identify the channel.
- Profile picture: Upload a profile picture. This picture appears in your WhatsApp business profile and in WhatsApp conversations.
- Description: Enter a brief description of your business. This information will appear at the top of your WhatsApp business profile.
- Enter more information about your business, including your business Address, Email, Industry, and Websites.
To add a WhatsApp business profile
- In Admin Center, click Channels.
- Locate the WhatsApp channel you want to edit and click to open it.
- Enter the business profile details about your WhatsApp channel.
- When you've finished adding these details, click Save.
After you've configured your WhatsApp channel and edited your business profile, you can:
- Set up your agents to use the channel. See Getting started for administrators in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Configure automatic responses to social messages.
- Advertise your WhatsApp number.