This article describes the steps it takes to import your Knowledge Base from a CSV file to Zendesk using Help Desk Migration service.
Help Desk Migration is an official Zendesk solution partner which offers data migration services to companies looking to transfer their data from one help desk to another. Note that to use the automatic data migration tool you need to pay a fee. However, you can test it free of charge before you decide to pay a penny.
What you can migrate
With Help Desk Migration you can import Articles, Categories, and Folders into your Zendesk.
You can also import tickets and related data from CSV to Zendesk. To find out how to do it please visit this article.
Before you begin, make sure that your Zendesk Guide is activated:
- Sign in to Zendesk Support as an administrator.
- Click the Zendesk Products icon in the top bar, then select Guide.
- In the page that appears, accept the terms and conditions, then click Enable Guide.
Also, make sure that:
- The size of your file does not exceed 1GB.
- All row headers are written in English as they are named below.
- You use comma as the delimiter.
- The URLs to your attachments have shared access.
- Row headers are written in English.
- You use double-quote marks (") in your CSV file to capture data that spans multiple lines. E.g., Tags, Attachments, Description.
Preparing the Knowledge Base CSV file
Your file should contain the following row headers: Title, Category, Folder, Description, Status, Tags, Attachments. All fields except for Tags and Attachments are required.
If you want to add multiple attachments to the article, separate them with commas.
How to import your Knowledge Base data with Migration Wizard:
- Sign in at Help Desk Migration website.
- Add your CSV files to Dropbox and make sure shared access is enabled.
- Choose CSV as the source database and add your files to Migration Wizard. If you want to import only the knowledge base without tickets and tickets comments files, use our samples to substitute them to move on to the next stage. Later, when selecting which data you want to migrate just don’t choose any of the tickets objects.
- Choose Zendesk as the future platform and specify your company’s Zendesk URL.
- Select which Knowledge Base objects you want to migrate.
- Start a Free Demo and check its result in your Zendesk Guide.
- If you are satisfied with the results, go ahead and complete your data transfer.
Should you have any questions about the migration? Feel free to contact Help Desk Migration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.