This article is a high-level walkthrough of the steps administrators need to take to get started using social messaging with their Zendesk accounts.
This article includes the following topics:
- Get ready to integrate social messaging
- Add your social channels
- Set up your workflows
- Prepare your agents
Get ready to integrate social messaging
Before connecting your Zendesk account with your social messaging channels, make sure your Zendesk Support account is ready and your agents are prepared.
Set up Zendesk Support (if you haven't already) before following the steps in the sections below. See Launch guide for Zendesk Support to get started.
Learn about social messaging in Zendesk. Check that your chosen social channels are supported, and how they work with your Zendesk account. See About messaging channels for Agent Workspace.
- Configure the Agent Workspace. If you're setting up a new account see Getting started for administrators in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. If you're currently using the standard agent interface, see Migrating to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
Add your social channels
Enterprise and Enterprise+ customers can set all of this up in a sandbox, to test it out before making it public. See Adding social messaging to your sandbox for more information.
Set up your workflows
Once your channels are added, you can configure the settings that will help your agents manage incoming requests, and help admins keep track of how things are working.
- Configure conversation routing. Define whether incoming conversations go to specific agents or are available to all, and set up your notifications.
- Explore your reporting options. Use social messaging tags to create custom reports to monitor agent success.
- Enable automatic responses. Use the auto-responder to let end users know you received their messages, without relying on unavailable agents.
- Let customers know how to contact you. Adding a Message Us button to your website, mobile app, or help center allows customers to discover and connect to your social channel. Additionally, you can also add social media buttons to your emails.
- Request feedback from your end users. Enable satisfaction surveys to see how the customers rate the service they received.
Prepare your agents
All agent-side messaging activity happens in the Agent Workspace. Whether your agents are new to the Agent Workspace, or familiar with the workspace and need to know the new messaging UI, the resources below can help you help them get started with social messaging.
- Take our free training course, designed for administrators who are new to social messaging at Zendesk.
- Learn how agents work with social channels, including responding to messages, reassigning tickets, and creating new messages.
- Use the notifications list. Agents can juggle multiple conversations with ease and grace, and without creating cranky customers.