An administrator can change an agent's role to administrator if needed. Administrators can also reset user passwords.
The account owner can change the account owner by promoting an administrator to account owner. There can only be one account owner On the Enterprise plan, you can allow agents to access user profiles, but only administrators can change passwords.
For information about adding users, see Adding end-users, agents, and administrators.
Promoting an agent to the administrator role
Administrators can also promote agents to the administrator role.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select People.
- Click Agents.
- Select an agent and click Edit.
- Change their role to administrator by selecting Admin.
- Click Update.
An email is sent to all administrators notifying them that the person has been added as an administrator.
The agent's existing group assignments remain; you can add or remove them from groups as needed.
Changing the account owner
Only the account owner can promote an administrator to the account owner role. If you need to find out who the current account owner is, see How do I find out who the Support account owner is.
To promote an administrator to account owner
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Account.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- Select an administrator from the Account Owner drop-down list. You must have at least one other administrator to see the list.
- Click Save Tab.
By setting another administrator to the account owner role, the previous account owner loses access to all subscription related pages such as this Invoices tab and the Benchmark tab.
Resetting user passwords
Administrators can reset a user's password by sending a reset email to the user's registered email address. The email contains a link that lets the user reset his or her password. Only administrators can send the reset email.
To reset a user's password
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar and select People.
- Locate the user who forgot his or her password and click the Edit link to the right of the user.
- On the user's profile page, open the Security Settings tab and click Reset in the Password section.
You can also manually set a user's password if the option has been enabled by the account owner. See Allowing administrators to set passwords. Instead of selecting Reset in the steps above, select Set and specify a new password for the user.