Zendesk Explore features pre-built dashboards that display commonly required information in an easy to access format.
Any user you enable can view the pre-built dashboard, whatever their role (see Adding users to Explore). The pre-built dashboards, and the queries they contain are also useful as templates for creating new queries and dashboards.
The dashboards are read-only, but you can create editable copies of them. For details, see Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards.
- Explore Lite: Each day at midnight in the timezone of the account.
- Explore Pro: Once every hour. The update time is randomized within the hour.
Dashboards included with Explore
You can access your pre-built dashboards by clicking the Explore icon () in the product tray, then select the dashboard.
These are the dashboards that are currently included with Explore:
The Zendesk Support dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Tickets: Contains reports about tickets created in your Zendesk account. This includes information about solved, created, and reopened tickets.
- Efficiency: Analyzes how efficiently agents are solving tickets by measuring key ticket and time-based metrics.
- Assignee Activity: Helps you to see the results when you assign tickets to agents and others. This includes information about solved tickets, time to resolution, and tickets that were resolved with a certain number of agent replies.
- Agent Updates: Shows comments and updates made to tickets by your agents. This includes public comments, internal comments, and the number of tickets that were created and solved.
- Unsolved Tickets: Helps you take a detailed look at tickets in your account that are still open. You can list your open tickets and find tickets that are not assigned, have no replies, or that have had no activity for a while.
- Backlog: Displays a snapshot of your unsolved tickets providing an easy way for you to view your historic data and analyze past trends.
- Satisfaction: Helps you take a closer look at customer satisfaction scores for your tickets.
- SLAs: Displays how well you are meeting your SLA policies. You must have active SLA policies to use this dashboard.
For more information about the Zendesk Support pre-built dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Support dashboard.
The Zendesk Talk dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Calls: Displays information about Talk calls that your agents made and received. You can filter reports by date, Talk number, IVR group, and the end-user's organization.
- Efficiency: Displays information about your agents efficiency with Talk calls. You can filter reports by date, Talk number, IVR group, and the end-user's organization.
- Agent Activity: Displays information about your agents activities, for example how many calls they received. You can filter reports by date, call agent, call direction, Talk number, and IVR group.
For more information about the Zendesk Talk pre-built dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Talk dashboard.
The Zendesk Guide dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Answer Bot: Displays information about Answer Bot activities, ticket resolutions, and activity by articles.
- Knowledge Capture: Displays information about Knowledge Capture activities including articles that were linked to from a ticket, articles that were created using the app, and agent engagement with the app.
For more information about the Zendesk Guide pre-built dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Guide dashboard.
The Zendesk Chat dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Chats: Displays information about the Chat sessions made and received in your organization. You can filter each report by date, department, type, completion, and by who started the chat.
- Efficiency: Displays information that helps you gauge the efficiency of your agents while using Chat. You can filter each report by date, department, type, completion, and by who started the chat.
- Satisfaction: Displays information about customer satisfaction scores following a chat session. You can filter each report by date, department, type, completion, and by who started the chat.
- Agent Activity: Displays information about how often and how well your agents are engaging with customers by using Chat. You can filter each report by date, department, agent, who started the chat, and assignment.
For more information about the Zendesk Chat pre-built dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Chat dashboard.
Interacting with pre-built dashboards
While you cannot edit pre-built dashboards, you can use the dashboards' different interaction options to restrict which data to view and how to view it. This section will detail what the different interaction options are, and where to find them.
Users can interact with pre-built dashboards in the following ways:
Pre-built dashboards contain an overview of your Zendesk information. However, you can use filters to restrict the data shown to more specific values. For more information on filtering results, see Filtering by attribute values.
Filters are located at the top of each pre-built dashboard, for example:
Not every pre-built dashboard contains the same filters.
When you click a filter, you are given a drop-down list of values. You can choose to include or exclude specific values from the query results on your dashboard. This enables you to focus in on a specific group, channel, etc. See Filtering by attribute values. for more information.
Zendesk Explore presents your data as dynamic queries or reports, so you can quickly analyze your data. However, you might want to save the current version of the query, or view the data in a different format. You can save data shown on an individual query or an entire dashboard to your computer using the export interaction. You can use Export on either queries or dashboards.
To export a single query
- Hover over the query you want to export.
- Click the Export icon in the bottom right corner of the query.
- Select from the following export options:
- Export format: Select from either CSV, image, or Excel.
Size: Select either a pre-set or custom size. If you select custom size, you will need to enter the width and height. If you check Keep ratio, the width or height will adjust proportionally when you change values.
- Click Export.
- Click the Export button at the bottom left corner of the dashboard.
The dashboard or query in the selected file format and size will be downloaded to your computer.
Changing chart types
For some queries on your pre-built dashboards, you can change the chart type or visualization used. This is done using the Visualization Selector feature. If a query has Visualization Selector enabled, the different visualizations a viewer can switch to are shown as icons in the top left corner of the query.
For example in the image above, the Tickets Created by Channel over time query on the Zendesk Support Overview dashboard permits you to switch between column and line charts. This gives you the flexibility to view the queries in the best visualization for you.
Editing pre-built dashboards
You can duplicate a dashboard by clicking Clone at the top of the dashboard. You can also duplicate a dashboard in the Dashboards library (), by selecting Clone from the Settings () drop-down list to the right of the dashboard name. For more detailed information on duplicating dashboards, see Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards.